[Coral-List] Darwin was WRONG about reef formation

Bill Allison allison.billiam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:18:36 UTC 2020

I have read the paper. It does not claim that Darwin's coral reef theory
was "fatally flawed" although it does little to discourage that
interpretation.  It seems to be focused on coral reefs and atolls sprouting
atop carbonate banks and does not seem to address evidence such as almost
atolls on subsiding volcanoes (e.g., Bora Bora) and does not consider the
origins of the carbonate banks atop volcanic basements. It seems like the
press release writers have as is commonly the case, indulged in inaccurate
hyperbole to attract eyeballs.
Cheers,
Bill

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 8:28 AM Douglas Fenner via Coral-List <