[Coral-List] Webinar: Mastering the virtual presentation & making the most of an e-lightning poster

Shane Hanlon hanloc2107 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:55:31 UTC 2020

Join AGU’s Sharing Science program for a webinar on presenting in a virtual world.

In this webinar, we'll cover two (related) topics: virtual presentations (~55 minutes) & e-lightning posters (~35 minutes).

Virtual presentations (for broad audiences):
Virtual presentations at scientific conferences are becoming increasingly common. However, we as scientists are usually not trained in how to effectively utilize technology to not only make sure our message comes across, but also that our audience is engaged. Join us for a webinar that will cover the tech and message sides of the virtual presentation.

E-lightning posters (specific to AGU’s Fall Meeting:
The average scientific talk is anywhere between 10-15 minutes. That should be plenty of time to get your message across but even that amount of time sometimes feels incredibly short. So how the heck do you explain your science in 3 MINUTES?! Don't worry! In this webinar, we'll provide tips and tools to help you effectively share you science at lightning speed.

When: Thursday, 5 November, 2-3:30 PM ET
Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6068795518498579979 <https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6068795518498579979>