[Coral-List] 2 International PhD opportunities in marine ecology / coral reef research

Osmar Luiz Jr osmarjluiz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:57:40 UTC 2020

2 International PhD opportunities in marine ecology / coral reef research

Charles Darwin International PhD Scholars (CDIPS) Scheme.

Dr Osmar Luiz (https://researchers.cdu.edu.au/en/persons/osmar-luiz-junior) at the Research Institute for the Environment and Livelihoods, Charles Darwin University (https://www.cdu.edu.au/riel) is recruiting 2 PhD candidates to conduct research on reef fish and/or coral reef ecology. The successful applicants will be supported by a 3 yr scholarship that covers tuition, living stipend (30,000/yr), health insurance, relocation and research costs.

Prospective students with backgrounds or interest in the following topics are especially encouraged to apply:

- Functional ecology of reef fishes
- Coral taxonomy/ coral assemblage surveys (co-supervised by Dr Tom Bridge, James Cook University)
- Marine megafauna
- Macroecology and biogeography

Anticipated start date will be January 2021. An MSc in ecology, marine sciences, or a closely related field and an English Language test are required (https://www.cdu.edu.au/international/how-apply/entry-requirements).

To apply, applicants should prepare a single document and send to osmar.luizjunior at cdu.edu.au, with the subject line “CDU International PhD Scholarship – APPLICANT NAME’. The document should include, at a minimum:

1.     A cover letter that articulates their interest in a doctoral degree in coral reef ecology
2.     Curriculum vitae, including descriptions of research experience/publications
3.     Unofficial transcripts

For any inquiries, please do not hesitate to get in touch (osmar.luizjunior at cdu.edu.au).

_______________________________________
Osmar J. Luiz, Ph.D.
Quantitative Aquatic Ecologist
Research Institute for the Environment and Livelihoods
Charles Darwin University
Darwin NT, Australia

T: +61 8 8946 6684
M: 0420 817 392
Publications list: http://publicationslist.org/osmar.luiz
https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=_ArEYYMAAAAJ&hl=en&cstart=0&pagesize=20
E: osmar.luizjunior at cdu.edu.au
W: cdu.edu.au <http://cdu.edu.au/>

CHARLES DARWIN UNIVERSITY
Darwin, Northern Territory 0909 Australia
CRICOS Provider No. 00300K (NT/VIC) I 03286A (NSW) | RTO Provider No. 0373

Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional custodians across the lands on which we live and work, and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.