[Coral-List] Restoration and conservation Re: ICRS 2021 meeting session: Can Coral Reef Restoration Increase Coastal Protection?

Christopher Hawkins chwkins at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 00:06:30 UTC 2020

 Hi Sarah, Doug, Curt and all,
Good discussion. But Sarah, those are some fairly ambitious statements - when you suggest that everyone worth their salt involved in coral (or other) restoration ecology work follow the same set of science-based principles laid done by the Society for Ecological Restoration and that "science-based projects take into account all factors." Really? All - every possible biophysical and socioeconomic factor? I don't think so, for various reasons, including time, money, and team expertise. At least that has not been my observation over the last couple decades. And what does "take into account" really mean?
Best,Chris