[Coral-List] South China Sea Coral Reefs Talk Wednesday 8:30 AM EDT, 7:30 PM Indochina Time

McManus, John W jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon Sep 14 21:11:53 UTC 2020

Presentation and Discussion: Environmental Protection in the South China Sea
Wednesday, September 16, 8:30 - 10 AM EST
www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi<http://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi>
www.facebook.com/USConsulateHCMC<http://www.facebook.com/USConsulateHCMC>

In light of recent concerns about the South China Sea situation, the US Embassy in Vietnam has set me up for a publicly available webinar. The time has been chosen to be convenient both for participants in Asia and Australia, as well as early risers in the Eastern US.  The event will be on Facebook Live, so there is no limit to numbers of participants. It will be about a half-hour presentation followed by up to an hour of questions relayed to me live from Facebook comments. I will review reef zonation and basic fisheries issues, as well as the massive damage done to these highly species-rich coral reefs and the need for a sub-regional fisheries and environment coordinating body. I look forward to your questions and ideas. My talk will be in English, with a concurrent Vietnamese translation link for those who want it.

Cheers!

John