[Coral-List] Restoration messaging

sealab at earthlink.net sealab at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 24 13:19:54 UTC 2020

Another example of effective restoration messaging.

It can be done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/54088906

When asked about the success of his heat-tolerant coral, Bonito told Newsround that, "coral restoration is not a solution to climate change."

"We can try to select heat-tolerant corals and multiply them, but there is a limit to that. We can't replant an entire reef. Coral restoration on its own won't be enough."

"Unless we address the underlying problem that's causing climate change, we're not going to stand much of a chance of saving our coral reefs."

Steve Mussman

Sent from EarthLink Mobile mail