[Coral-List] Caribbean Coral Reefs need natural recovery

Nohora Galvis icri.colombia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:25:57 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

During the Opening of the International Conference on Marine Science ICRS
2020 held in Colombia organized by Corporacion CEMarin
<https://mobile.twitter.com/CorpoCEMarin> See the video
https://youtu.be/q2zKprqQ5nQ

The Mission Blue director, Sylvia Earle

talked about the relevance of scientific knowledge to allow natural
recovery on the Caribbean
<https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/Caribbean?src=hashtag_click> Coral
Reefs at trouble due to anthropogenic impacts.
"It is a hope if protection allows natural recovery".

Dr. Earle leads the Hope Spots
<https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/HopeSpots?src=hashtag_click> around the
globe and supported in 2019 our nomination presented to the Colombian
Government of Colombian Coral Reefs Punto Esperanza Varadero Colombia and
Capurgana -Cabo Tiburon, as potential World Heritage Sites before UNESCO.
We have a commitment before United Nations to improve coral reefs
conservation effectiveness in Colombia #OceanAction14819.

Nohora Galvis

Director
Fundación ICRI COLOMBIA
Researcher at the Coral Reefs Observatory

Twitter @ArrecifesCoral (Spanish)
Twitter @ICRIcolombia (English)

Instagram ObservatorioArrecifesCoral
Youtube ICRI COLOMBIA