[Coral-List] looking for articles by Gohar

Rupert Ormond rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:11:48 UTC 2021

Hi Elinor,

These reports, produced by the marine station at Ghardaqa in the
Egyptian Red Sea (perhaps the first coral reef Station globally) were
well known at the time but only produced in small numbers.

I have copies of a few of them that included a few papers on soft
corals, but these are currently in storage and hard to access at present.

There should of course be copies at Ghardaqa itself, but staff there are
limited.

But the station is part of the Egyptian Institute of Oceanography and
Fisheries and they should be able to help. I will send details of a
contact separately.

Rupert (Ormond)

Professor Rupert Ormond
Co-Director, Marine Conservation International
Hon. Professor, Centre for Marine Biodiversity & Biotechnology,
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
Editor REEF ENCOUNTER (news journal of the International Coral Reef Society)