[Coral-List] Fwd: 100 Yards of Hope Documentary Premiere on April 27

sealab at earthlink.net sealab at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 17:07:05 UTC 2021

Hi Jon,

Having the ability to engage with military veterans and the broader US and international populations by exposing them to the critical nature of the crisis facing coral reefs is exactly what is needed. That why I was so excited to hear about this project when it was first being developed. But here’s the rub, communicating with a broader audience will only prove helpful if the message is on point. Instead we seem to be missing out on a great opportunity to get the word out that we are outplanting corals in an attempt to help them survive an existential crisis. A crisis that can best be resolved by dealing directly with climate change, water pollution and other local threats to coral reefs. What’s so hard about that?

Steve Mussman