[Coral-List] Seminar Series "We are HOPE SPOTS: Connecting With and Learning From Each Other"!

shark at xc4.so-net.ne.jp shark at xc4.so-net.ne.jp
Fri Aug 6 13:23:57 UTC 2021

Dear coral-listers,

I would like to introduce our Online Seminar Series
    "We are HOPE SPOTS: Connecting With and Learning From Each Other"!

  The Champions for the Henoko-Oura Coastal Waters Hope Spot in Okinawa,
 Japan, host a webinar series "We are HOPE SPOTS: Connecting with and Learning
From Each Other." The area of Henoko-Oura Coastal Waters was designated as
Japan's first Hope Spot in 2019.
  We invite Hope Spot Champions from overseas to share their Hope Spots
stories and discuss this powerful global movement to protect our oceans.
  For our first webinar, three wonderful Champions join us. James Ketchum,
who is a shark expert, joins us from the Gulf of California Hope Spot. The Gulf of
California area was designated in 2010 as one of the first Hope Spots.
  Paige Konger Henry and Vicky Love are members of Blue-Green Connections,
and they join us from the Florida Gulf Coast Hope Spot. The Florida Gulf Coast
Hope was designated in 2019 and is considered as Dr. Sylvia Earle's Hometown
Hope Spot.

  Shannon Rake from Mission Blue will play a moderator.

  Mariko Abe and Hideki Yoshikawa are going to introduce Henoko-Oura Coastal
Waters  Hope Spot.

      Please join us !