[Coral-List] Launch of New Social Media Platform for Coral Reef Researchers

Dr Stuart P Wynne stuart at stuartwynne.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 18:04:05 UTC 2021

Dear Coral-Listers.
After completing our beta-testing phase we are now excited to announce
that our social media for coral reef researchers web-based networking
platform is now live! This social media style platform for coral reef
researchers, managers and other coral professionals also features career
opportunities, indexed research archives, and small research grants.
With more exciting features planned for the future, there has never been
a better time to join us. Unlike other social media platforms, the Coral
Reef Research Hub is ad free and keeps your data secure from third party
marketing companies. With the changing global climate of today, online
networking has never been so important, and with a niched platform such
as this you can be sure to easily connect with the coral professionals
you are looking for without spammers and scammers ruining your
experience. Over time, as the CoRR Hub grows, it will become a great
place for both researchers to collaborate with other researchers and
organisations to search for and find quality professionals to work
with.

How is this all achieved? We have taken tried and tested social
media functionality, and stripped it back to only that which is
essential for research networking. This includes:

- Member profile information that is fully searchable by other Hub
members so that they can find those interested in their own research
areas
- The ability for all members to easily create interest groups and
invite members to join based on their areas of expertise, whether they
are connected with each other or not
- A private messaging system that allows all Hub members to write to
each other irrespective of whether they are connected with each other or
not
- An activity stream where members can post updates to the Hub that are
visible and searchable by all members without algorithms deciding who
gets to see them or not

Functionality such as this makes it an ideal way to connect and
collaborate with others for a variety of different reasons, such as:

- You are an undergraduate student looking for others to collaborate
with in other countries without the need for expensive or inconvenient
international travel
- You are a postgraduate conducting a meta-analysis and are looking for
data sources or other students studying your research topic
- You are a professor looking for potential research students or other
partners to join your research team
- You are a consultancy looking for potential candidates to lead your
latest research work
- You are an organisation looking to invite top coral reef researchers
to apply for your latest job openings

If any of this sounds interesting to you then check out our Facebook
group for more information:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/coralreefresearch

....or visit our homepage directly:
https://www.thecoralreefresearchhub.com

Any feedback welcome to admin at thecoralreefresearchhub.com

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Dr Stuart P. Wynne