[Coral-List] Membership criteria for ICRS Awards: Is this who we are?

Kristen Marhaver kristenmarhaver at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 22:23:49 UTC 2021

Dear Listers,

I appreciate this week's lively discussion about the membership criteria
for ICRS Awards, including all of the supportive messages that were sent
off-list.

Indeed, it sounds like the award criteria are affected by ICRS bylaws,
voting, and society business of various kinds. I think we can acknowledge
that such stuctures can easily and accidentally uphold discriminatory
practices by default, until folks in power act to change them.

To clarify a point raised, I'm definitely not lobbying for an award... That
post would have been a lot more fawning. I'm applying pressure because I
feel safe doing so here, for those who might not!

Very respectfully,
Kristen Marhaver