[Coral-List] Membership criteria for ICRS Awards: Is this who we are?

Austin Bowden-Kerby abowdenkerby at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 06:49:10 UTC 2021

Dear List,

I am one of many coral reef scientists active in the field in the less
developed world, who is a lapsed member of ICRS, and the only reason is
because I don't have the funds.   While it would be nice to be included in
the "club", the realities of many (or most) of us out in the non-developed
world are unthinkable to most who will read this.  We are all part of an
unjust planetary economic system that rarely gives any slack to those who
live in the less developed world who are paid in devalued currencies.  I
survive on less than a tenth of what many of you reading this would likely
earn.  The Society for Ecological Restoration has free memberships to those
who live on local salaries in the developing world, which I think is very
progressive.  Thank goodness Coral List is a free service!

Have a  good day,

Austin

Austin Bowden-Kerby, PhD
Corals for Conservation
P.O. Box 4649 Samabula, Fiji Islands
https://www.corals4conservation.org
https://www.facebook.com/C4Conservation
TEDx talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRLJ8zDm0U
https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/emergency-response-to-massive-coral-bleaching/
<https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/emergency-response-to-massive-coral-bleaching/>

Teitei Livelihoods Centre
Km 20 Sigatoka Valley Road, Fiji Islands
(679) 938-6437
http:/www.
<http://permacultureglobal.com/projects/1759-sustainable-environmental-livelihoods-farm-Fiji>
teiteifiji.org
http://permacultureglobal.com/projects/1759-sustainable-environmental-livelihoods-farm-Fiji
https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/happy-chickens-for-food-security-and-environment-1/

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 2:14 PM Kristen Marhaver via Coral-List <