[Coral-List] Criteria for ICRS Awards - is this who we are?

Rupert Ormond rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:55:51 UTC 2021

Dear ICRS Lister,

I support Peter's comments. The leadership of ICRS may be reluctant to
comment, but it certainly was the case that the rules were interpreted
very flexibly.

I would also confirm Peter's remark about membership dues. The cheapest
rate, for developing country students and post-docs is less than 10
dollars per year. Less, as they say, than the cost of one posh coffee
per month. Against this, members can get grumpy if non-members get too
many of the same privileges without contributing to costs.

So if you are not already a member check out the rates on coralreefs.org
and join us!

Rupert

Professor Rupert Ormond
Hon. Professor, Centre for Marine Biodiversity & Biotechnology,
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
Editor REEF ENCOUNTER (news journal of the International Coral Reef Society)