[Coral-List] New paper on local adaptation in corals

Kaho Tisthammer kahot at hawaii.edu
Sat Feb 13 00:40:30 UTC 2021

Dear Coral-listers,

We are excited to share our new paper in Scientific Reports entitled ‘Physiological and molecular responses of lobe coral indicate nearshore adaptations to anthropogenic stressors.’

Combined with physiological assessments, we used shotgun proteomics to investigate how corals (Porites lobata) survive and adapt to reduced water quality in nearshore environments. Our results highlight that protein expression analyses can provide critical diagnostic information that identifies cause-and-effect relationships between putative stressors and coral function at the molecular level, allowing researchers and managers to go beyond correlation to determining actual causation.

The link to the full-text of the paper:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-82569-7 <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-82569-7>

or

https://rdcu.be/ce1KN <https://rdcu.be/ce1KN>    for direct access to the pdf file.

Tisthammer KH, Timmins-Schiffman, E, Seneca FO, Nunn BL, Richmond RH. 2021. Scientific Reports 11:3423 https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-82569-7

Best,
Kaho

Kaho Tisthammer, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher/Lecturer
San Francisco State University University/
University of Hawaii a Manoa