[Coral-List] "assisted evolution"

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Tue Feb 16 23:18:37 UTC 2021

Steve makes a more nuanced point than I did on our track record with
bio-evolutionary engineering. Nevertheless, our bad track record with
agreeing on "good" vs "bad" traits - and then assuming that we can make the
"right" decisions going forward, will only be made worse by the reality
that we do not know what other human-made problems will occur down the line
and how our decisions with respect to this one might have adverse effects
on the trajectory of as-yet unknown problems. It is frustrating because we
always want to "do something" that will help, but......

Dennis

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 10:18 AM Steve Mussman via Coral-List <