[Coral-List] Scientists letter to stop medred

Nohora Galvis icri.colombia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:36:28 UTC 2021

Dear Elinor,

Create an Online petition (e.g. AVAAZ org Or  CHANGE.org)  and share the
link on the Coral-List so you can get further Support. Science has proven
the high ecological, social an economic value of coral reefs, so all as
strong community should be supportive.

In Colombia, we got 500 e-signatures in a week in 2016, when asking with an
official letter addressed to President Santos to stop other dredging plans
in Varadero. After that week, we were contacted by the Presidency assigning
to the National License Authority to reply our petition. Fortunately, the
new director of that Agency was a classmate marine biologist from the
Universidad Tadeo Lozano, and she replied that they will review carefully
any new request asking for dredging permits on Varadero !!