[Coral-List] Coral bite marks

Daniela Escontrela daniescontrela at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:20:01 UTC 2021

Hello coral-listers,

I am currently working on a project relating to corallivory and am trying to identify bite marks on coral left by fish. I wanted to reach out to this community to see if anyone has pictures of bite marks on corals left by fish along with information as to which fish family (or species if available) left the bite mark on the coral. I am in Hawai‘i so pictures from this area would be preferred but if you have images from other regions that will still be helpful. If you have any pictures or questions please email me at descon at hawaii.edu <mailto:descon at hawaii.edu>

Mahalo!

Dani Escontrela
PhD Student, Marine Biology
University of Hawai`i at Mānoa