[Coral-List] Webinar on the UNEP and ICRI Coral Reef Restoration Report

Nohora Galvis icri.colombia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:42:01 UTC 2021

Very important the effort to restore Coral Reefs in places where is needed
to recover healthy and biodiverse coral cover. Please take into account
that the first step for recovery is stopping the local and global threats
to coral reef integrity.

Considering the long (Centuries) lasting processes to build healthy and
diverse coral reefs artificially or with manipulation of monospecific
gardens,  be careful to promote a blue economy based on natural coral reef
destruction with fake promises to restore the coral reefs after
unsustainable projects like dredging, dynamite for larger channels and
navigation of large vessels on the coral reefs and other sources of
pollution and direct destruction of the million of species involved.