[Coral-List] ICRS Symposium annoucement

Grottoli, Andrea grottoli.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 19 16:38:59 UTC 2021

Dear Coral Reef Colleagues:

Due to continued infection risks and travel restrictions imposed by the pandemic, the 14th International Coral Reef Symposium will be entirely virtual this summer from 19 - 23 July 2021. This meeting combines asynchronous (pre-recorded submissions) with synchronous (interactive real-time discussions) elements. We feel it is important for the coral reef community to have the opportunity to share their research findings already this summer. More details about registration and program for this summer's 14th ICRS to follow soon.

We are also pleased to announce that we will be hosting an in-person 15th International Coral Reef Symposium with hybrid options in the summer of 2022 from 3 - 8 July in Bremen, Germany. This meeting will include plenary talks, policy events, social events, workshops, and field trips as well as both in-person and virtual talk and poster presentation opportunities. More details to follow soon.

The 16th International Coral Reef Symposium will be held in Auckland, New Zealand, in 2025 or 2026.

We hope that you will plan on attending both the virtual 14th ICRS 2021 this summer and the hybrid 15th ICRS 2022 next summer.

Sincerely,
Dr. Andrea Grottoli, ICRS President
Dr. Christian Wild, 14th and 15th ICRS Organizing Committee Chair

Andréa G Grottoli, PhD
Professor
Director of the Coral Bleaching Research Coordination Network
President of the International Coral Reef Society
Chair of the SES Promotion and Tenure Committee
The Ohio State University
College of Arts and Sciences  School of Earth Sciences
315 Mendenhall Laboratory, 125 South Oval Mall, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-5782 Office / 215-990-9736 Mobile / 614-292-7688 Fax
grottoli.1 at osu.edu

Webpage: u.osu.edu/grottoli.1
Fieldwork Micro-blog: twitter.com/CoralResearch
Coral Bleaching Research Coordination Network:
u.osu.edu/grottoli.1/coral-bleaching-rcn