[Coral-List] oceanic shark populations have decreased by over 70%

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:42:49 UTC 2021

People have pointed me to
https://theconversation.com/oceanic-sharks-and-rays-have-declined-by-71-since-1970-a-global-solution-is-needed-154102

and also

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/world/sharks-rays-decline-study-intl-hnk-scli
-scn/index.html

I was told the link to the original article in this article works

and

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/01/most-high-seas-shark-species-now-threatened-extinction

This last one includes the statement that "The group is now analyzing
coastal sharks and rays and reef-dwelling species."

Cheers,  Doug