[Coral-List] Gulf Council Seeks Information from Fishermen and Divers on the Condition of Coral Reefs in the Gulf of Mexico

Natasha Mendez-Ferrer nmendezf at mail.usf.edu
Wed Jul 14 12:59:50 UTC 2021

Greetings,

The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council and NOAA’s Coral Reef
conservation program would like your input on the condition of Coral Reefs
in the Gulf of Mexico. Coral communities and habitats are an incredibly
important part of the ocean ecosystem that we rely upon for sustainable
fisheries. Research shows that the habitats and conditions of coral reefs
in the Gulf of Mexico are changing and we know your perspective is
incredibly valuable.

We rely on your on-the-water expertise to guide our current understanding
of what’s happening with corals in the Gulf. Specifically, we would like to
know if you have noticed changes to the corals and coral reef habitats in
the Gulf in recent years.

You can complete the tool as many times as you want. You may also submit
your observations for multiple coral reef habitat locations in the Gulf. We
also hope you’ll consider sharing this tool with your colleagues so we can
get as many responses as possible to inform our understanding.

*Please submit your responses **here* <https://arcg.is/1DaSX8>*. *

Thank you for taking the time to enhance our understanding of coral reefs
in the Gulf. Contact portal at gulfcouncil.org if you have any questions.

Thanks!