[Coral-List] Last 3 days to apply for upcoming - REEF BUILDING WORKSHOP

William Precht william.precht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:52:05 UTC 2021

I encourage people to read

Precht, W.F. and Robbart, M.L. (2006) Coral reef restoration: the
rehabilitation of an ecosystem under siege. *in* Precht, W.F. (ed) Coral
Reef Restoration Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL pp. 1-24

While it is now a little dated it addresses all the arguments being
discussed in this thread.

If anyone has trouble accessing the chapter - please send me a direct email.

Coral reef restoration: the rehabilitation of an ecosystem under siege
<https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=-AHOBQAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA1&dq=Precht,+W.F.+and+Robbart,+M.L.+Coral+reef+restoration:+the+rehabilitation+of+an+ecosystem+under+siege.+in+Precht,+W.F.+(ed)+Coral+Reef+Restoration+Handbook,+CRC+Press,+Boca+Raton,+FL+pp.+1-24&ots=rTBB_7juCJ&sig=lVAJYPq2dX5Y3iEz6EW5mR7auJM>
WF Precht
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=cLDYyigAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra>, M
Robbart - Coral reef restoration handbook, 2006 - books.google.com
Today, coral reefs are under siege from a number of environmental
pressures. Accordingly, the management of the world's coral reef resources
is the subject of some controversy. 1 General agreement exists about the
value of these ecosystems in terms of ecological, social, and aesthetic
benefits. 2 There is also some agreement that an estimated 24% of reefs
are in danger of collapse from human pressures3 and another 26% are under
the threat of longer-term degradation and collapse. Admittedly, the numbers
and percent devastation …

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 11:20 AM Elizabeth Sherman via Coral-List <