[Coral-List] Dendrogyra

Steve Gittings - NOAA Federal steve.gittings at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 2 18:40:26 UTC 2021

I didn't say anything about giving up.  I'm suggesting that some places may
have to face a near-term reality that none of us would wish on anyone.
Failure of ecosystem services.  It doesn't help them in the short term if
we overlook that possibility.  While long-term solutions are obviously
needed soon, I'm suggesting we also need to prepare for significant changes
on much shorter time frames.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 1:06 PM Steve Mussman via Coral-List <

> [...]
> symptom.
>
> > > Yes, this is a unique species, and saving it is a worthwhile endeavor
> for
>
> > > this and many other reasons. Having agreed, I remain concerned that
>
> > success
>
> > > on this front will lead some to be satisfied.
>

> > > Denny

> Reef

> this

> > find a

> window -

> > my

> reefs

> > where

> > let’s

> > throughout

> pessimistic

> the

> what

> > of

> > make

> and

> > humanity

> https://www.amazon.com/Coral-Reefs-Majestic-Realms-under/dp/0300253834/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=coral+reefs+peter+sale&qid=1622149307&sr=8-1

> > choice

> > > --
>
> > > Dennis Hubbard - Emeritus Professor: Dept of Geology-Oberlin College
>
> > > Oberlin OH 44074
>
> > > (440) 935-4014
>

> > > * "When you get on the wrong train.... every stop is the wrong stop"*
>
> > > Benjamin Stein: "*Ludes, A Ballad of the Drug and the Dream*"
>

> > --
>
> > William F. Precht
>

> > “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice
>
> > you have”
>

> > Bob Marley
>

> > "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you
> don't
>
> > have the strength."
>

> > Theodore Roosevelt

> --
>
> Dr. Steve Gittings, Science Coordinator
>
> NOAA Office of National Marine Sanctuaries
>
> 1305 East West Hwy., N/ORM62
>
> Silver Spring, MD 20910
>
> (240) 533-0708 (w), (301) 529-1854 (c1), (301) 821-0857 (c2)
>
> *Follow National Marine Sanctuaries *
>
> *and our Earth is Blue Campaign
>
> on**:*
>
> [image: http://www.facebook.com/NOAAOfficeofNationalMarineSanctuaries]
>
> [image:
>
> http://twitter.com/sanctuaries] [image:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/sanctuaries]
>
> [image:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/onms/]
>
> [image:
>
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/NoaaNationalMarineSanctuaryNews]
>
> [image:
>
> http://pinterest.com/nmsanctuaries/national-marine-sanctuaries/] [image:
>
> http://instagram.com/noaasanctuaries]

Dr. Steve Gittings, Science Coordinator
NOAA Office of National Marine Sanctuaries
1305 East West Hwy., N/ORM62
Silver Spring, MD  20910
(240) 533-0708 (w), (301) 529-1854 (c1), (301) 821-0857 (c2)

*Follow National Marine Sanctuaries <http://sanctuaries.noaa.gov/>*
*and our Earth is Blue Campaign
<http://www.sanctuaries.noaa.gov/earthisblue> on**:*
http://twitter.com/sanctuaries] <http://twitter.com/sanctuaries>  [image: