[Coral-List] Passing of Walter C. Jaap

William Precht william.precht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:12:57 UTC 2021

Gene,

Thanks for writing those kind words.

To add to Gene’s sentimental note - Walt’s 1984 Tech Mem on the Florida
Reef Tract is one of the most scholarly publications ever put together.  It
has stood the test of time - unfortunately the corals have not.

Ecology of the south *Florida *coral *reefs*: a community profile
<https://www.osti.gov/biblio/5486458>
WC *Jaap* - 1984 - osti.gov
An overview of coral reef research in southern Florida is provided as a
prelude to a genuine description of the coral reef ecosystem in the Florida
Keys and surrounding environments. Coral reef community types, reef
benthos, plankton and reef fish are given specific treatment …

Walt was a kind soul and will be sorely missed - not just by his friends -
but the coral reef community at large.

May his memory be a blessing!

Bill

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 12:04 PM Eugene Shinn via Coral-List <