[Coral-List] Please post our upcoming REEF BUILDING WORKSHOP

Hanna Kuhfuss hanna.kuhfuss at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 10:16:53 UTC 2021

*REEF BUILDING WORKSHOP - LIVING SHORELINES: Green Engineering Methods for
Coral Reef Rehabilitation*

*10 - 20 Sep 2021*

Registration deadline: *15th of July 2021*

Hi coral-listers,

We, rrreefs <https://www.rrreefs.com/> (a german/swiss not for profit
initiative) are excited to announce *our first-ever *international
*reef-building
workshop *in partnership with Corales de Paz <https://www.coralesdepaz.org/>
, taking place *this September* in *San Andrés, Colombia*.

This goes out to everyone interested in joining us in building the first
pilot reef with rrreefs’ easy-to-handle 3D-printed stackable brick system.
It is a *10-day intensive full-time 100 hours hands-on, and in-water
practical workshop* (incl. 14 SCUBA dives). The workshop touches on coral
ecology, newest approaches to coral restoration and ecosystem
rehabilitation, appropriate design, logistics, and evaluation of a
restoration project. We will showcase the feasibility of construction and
customization, with a subsequent multi-year monitoring program. This new
approach of passive, structure-based reef regeneration will be combined
with proven active reef restoration approaches such as coral fragmentation,
gardening, and transplantation techniques perfected by Corales de Paz.

The program will be divided into a series of classroom lessons and field
activities. Lessons will be held in English. All in-water field activities
will be carried out with SCUBA diving equipment.

To download the full program for more details, costs, and other practical
information, please check out the Workshop brochure
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KGkr6eBavLk_5szIKXHbvCKZinLAa1xH/view?usp=sharing>
and flyer
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LKd3hwqNOVheOEp_KTbSJkjiewZCeClX/view?usp=sharing>
or visit our homepage rrreefs.com <https://www.rrreefs.com/>

For any additional information, feel free to send an email to
info at rrreefs.com

Cheers,

your rrreefs team

Hanna Kuhfuss

Marie Griesmar

Ulrike Pfreundt

--
*HANNA KUHFUSS*

*Co-Founder at rrreefs (NGO)*
rethinking-rebuilding-regenerating coral reefs

www.rrreefs.com

*Geschäftsführerin/Gründerin Aerialnauten *

*by Schwerelos Yoga Freiburg*

*Aerial Yoga Studio, Yoga Therapie & Training*
*mail schwerelosyoga.freiburg at gmail.com <schwerelosyoga.freiburg at gmail.com>*
*mobile* (+49) 177 3454 952
www.schwerelos-yoga.de