[Coral-List] The core challenge of coral reef conservation

Mike Lauderdale mcl75 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 19 17:31:28 UTC 2021

What are "the pieces"?
* A variety of coral species wide enough to preserve & promote diversity
* Areas secured from invasive / destructive species like humans,
crown-of-thorns, etc.
* Water quality that protects from coral death, but still creates conditions
for corals to "acclimate" to increasing temps, lower pH, etc.
* Economic incentives that make coral preservation attractive to human
populations within said areas

I really don't know, just poking at some suggestions.

-ML