[Coral-List] Sargassum podcast give away!

Franziska Elmer franziskaelmer at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:54:03 UTC 2021

Dear coral list,

The Sargassum podcast has reached a landmark: 25 episodes!
That means there are 25 interviews about Sargassum with diverse stakeholders waiting for you to discover and listen to.

Listen here: https://anchor.fm/sargassum-podcast

Watch on youtube (with subtitles in other languages) :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nioF_P2ScHc&list=PLJmthP9YWdLQbvb7dJz27Id1RUvUam3Z5

Visit our website for more  info: www.marinefrontiers.org/Sargassum<http://www.marinefrontiers.org/Sargassum>

Meet and greet

Join us this Friday the 2nd of July at 10 AM EDT for our monthly meet and greet. Our guests Andrés Bisonó León, Jerry Mang’ena and Eelco Leemans will be present for you to meet and ask questions.

Andrés Bisonó León is an engineer from the  DR and developed new Sargassum collection methods

Jerry mang’ena is a aquaculturist from Tanzania and he reported about Sargassum in Zanzibar

Eelco Leemans is working for Climate Cleanup in the Netherland and is investigating if Sargassum can be used to draw down carbon.

Here is the link to the virtual call: https://meet.jit.si/SargassumMeetandGreet

New Patreon perks and 5 yearly patreon spots give away for students

We now offer a new perk to our patreons who support us financially with monthly donations. As a patreon you will be informed of our guests before the interview and you can submit questions for the interview. For as little as $1 a month you can take advantage of this great perk, sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/Sargassumpodcast.

Our intern Jenna is also sponsoring 5 yearly subscriptions to our patreon to other students. So if you are a student, email us at sargassumpodcast at gmx.net<mailto:sargassumpodcast at gmx.net> to get a free spot in our patronage. Do you want more students to be able to benefit from a free patreon account? Get in touch with us to sponsor them.

Best,

The Sargassum podcast team,

Jenna, Lauren, Eloise, Franziska, Robby, Mar, Paola, Clio and Florence