[Coral-List] The power of scientists - Examples of how to raise climate change awareness

Franziska Elmer franziskaelmer at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 14:54:53 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I would like to invite you to a virtual event that highlights the climate awareness work of 7 scientists, 4 of which work on coral reef science.

The power of scientists - Examples of how to raise climate change awareness

Join us on Wednesday the 24th of March 2021 at 16:00 Central Europe Time (Berlin) (11:00 AM EDT) for a virtual panel where scientists and academics from different disciplines, countries and seniority levels share their experiences with raising climate change awareness. We will discuss actions such as career changes, public talking, sustainable campus projects, podcasting, art projects, providing input to government proposals, protests and civil disobedience. Scientists are in a very powerful position to take these actions and we will unpack which actions have the biggest impact.

Host:

Dr. Franziska Elmer, Research Fellow at CMRS South Caicos<https://www.researchgate.net/institution/WZB-Berlin-Social-Science-Center>

Speakers:

Dr. Catherine Jadot, Director of Projects at ES Caribbean

Dr. Lisa Pettibone, Faculty at WZB Berlin

Dr. Mar Fernández-Méndez, Post-doc researcher at GEOMAR Kiel

Dr. Michael Bächtold, Faculty at Hochschule Luzern

Alizee Zimmermann, Executive Director at TCReef Fund

Elinor Nadir, PhD Student at Tel Aviv

Zoom link: Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89010314001?pwd=eHVVZVQzOS9LV1F4WmVOcWx2T3Rodz09

Meeting ID: 890 1031 4001