[Coral-List] New paper: Drivers of coral bleaching in a Marine Protected Area of the Southern Gulf of Mexico during the 2015 event

Aarón Israel Muñiz Castillo israbios.muca at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:11:16 UTC 2021

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing very well,
I share with you this paper about coral bleaching in the Alacranes Reef
(Southern Gulf of Mexico) during 2015.
Some points: 1) 2015 was an event of high exposure to heat stress in the
area, 2) despite high exposure, coral bleaching was relatively low, and 3)
our results show that at the reef scale, structural variables such as depth
are of great relevance during a heat stress event (spoiler! Deeper reefs
were more affected).

The link with which you can access it for free before May.

https://authors.elsevier.com/c/1ckx2,ash~QYN

Have a nice day

--

*A. Israel Muñiz Castillo*

*Estudiante de Doctorado en Ciencias Marinas*

*Departamento de Recursos del Mar*

Laboratorio de Ecología de Ecosistemas

de Arrecifes Coralinos (LEEAC)

CINVESTAV IPN - Unidad Mérida