[Coral-List] (Coral-List) Ocean Optimism and communication concerning the global environmental crisis

sealab at earthlink.net sealab at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 28 15:51:33 UTC 2021

We may never be able to convince everyone of the magnitude of the crisis facing the world’s coral reefs, but what gives me hope, a real sense of optimism, is when I hear the voices of the next generation of coral scientists like those who participated in this recent webinar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZxDXCWzidE&t=2293s

They tell it like it is, but manage to exude positivity along with the requisite determination needed in order to turn the tide of public opinion. Perhaps it is they who hold the key to effective communication which can provide the right balance between ocean optimism and scientific authenticity.

Regards,

Steve Mussman