[Coral-List] Women in Science Event - Virtual Student Event from UMiami

University of Miami Rosenstiel School mps.rsmas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 23:24:31 UTC 2021

Good evening,

I wanted to let you know of our Women in Science outreach event our
students and faculty are hosting on Saturday, November 13th from the
University of Miami's Rosenstiel School. Feel free to share with anyone who
may be interested in attending (focused on middle and high school
students)! Anyone can register here:
https://miami.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FuL0ejOcT_O3ZV3L7wiEyQ

On Saturday, November 13th starting at 11am EST, the University of Miami's
Rosenstiel School will be hosting our annual Women Exploring Marine and
Atmospheric Science event. It will be a day of interactive science learning
for middle and high school grade students (all are welcome to interact with
our amazing students and faculty!). On the day of the event, the students
will virtually visit marine science laboratories, see first-hand ongoing
research projects, and interact with female scientists from a variety of
different fields and backgrounds (all virtually). This event was founded by
Dr. Rana Fine, faculty member and Professor of Ocean Sciences, and AAUW. The
schedule of speakers and their topics are listed below. We hope to see you
there (times are all eastern)!

11:00a - *Welcoming Remarks with Dr. Rana Fine*

11:10a - *Climate Change and Sea Level Rise*

11:20a - *Coral Restoration and Citizen Science*

11:30a - *A Whirlwind Tour of Hurricanes and Climate Change*

11:45a - *Marine Mammal Rescue*

12:15p - *Remote Sensing and Geoscience*

12:30p - *Colorful Chemical Clues*

12:50p -* Why Sharks Mako Me Crazy*

1:10p -* Coral Reef Futures*

1:20p -* Fishy DNA*

1:40p - *What Stresses Fish Out*

2:05p - *Protect and Conserve Wild Marine Mammals with NOAA*

2:20p - *Rainbow Rain and the Air We Breathe*

Any questions, let me know!

Sincerely,

Josh Coco, Ed. D.
Assistant Dean, Rosenstiel School