[Coral-List] Loss of Reef Biodiversity - Dendrogyra cylindrus

Dr Stuart P Wynne stuart at stuartwynne.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 06:57:08 UTC 2021

Dear Coral-listers,

Following on from the thread a few weeks ago regarding unseen
biodiversity loss and subsequent Dendrogyra cylindrus discussions, I
thought some of you might be interested to see these short videos of a
pretty iconic looking colony in Anguilla (BWI) back in 2017, and again a
few weeks ago, now completely dead. Its very sad to see. In the 2017
video mortality had already begun around the base of the colony, but I
am still amazed by the speed that this happened.

link to videos:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/coralreefresearch/posts/1511825282514838/

If any of you have any similar comparisons to post I would be interested
to hear about them.

Cheers,

Dr. Stuart P. Wynne