[Coral-List] My name on the list

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Wed Oct 6 17:55:38 UTC 2021

Why am I mentioned on the list? For example:  "2. Re: Proposed Killing
of Goliath Grouper (Eugene Shinn) (Ault Jerald Stephen) (Sarah
Frias-Torres) (Douglas Fenner)"

Weeks ago I asked why the Big Grouper was being considered for taking. I
wondered if there was some ecological reason for proposing they can be
taken. I sure got a lot of nasty mail just for asking the question.
Never got an answer so I assume it was all emotional and not based on
any scientific or environmental data. That's ok with me. I was just
under the impression that coral reef researchers used the list to make
scientific observations. Gene