[Coral-List] Research Associate position at Nova Southeastern University
nh567 at nova.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:05:54 UTC 2021
Dear Coral List,
The Coral Reef Restoration, Assessment and Monitoring lab at Nova Southeastern University, Guy Harvey Oceanographic Research Institute (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida USA) is seeking candidates for a Research Associate position. The Research Associate’s primary responsibility is to assist in the management of an offshore coral nursery and associated restoration activities.
This is a full-time position with university employment benefits.
Minimum qualifications and requirements include:
1. M.S degree in marine or biological sciences from an accredited college or university.
2. Ability to obtain a valid state of Florida driver's license.
3. Ability to obtain a state of Florida or US Coast Guard approved boater safety certification.
4. Ability to obtain Scientific Diver status in the NSU Scientific Diving Program (NSU is an organizational member of AAUS).
5. Ability to conduct fieldwork (scuba diving) in sometimes challenging conditions and long days.
6. Ability to manage large datasets and perform statistical analyses.
7. Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse team of faculty, students, and staff.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
1. Experience in managing field-based, coral reef restoration research.
2. Publication history appropriate for a Research Associate position.
3. Experience discussing and presenting research goals and results with scientists, resource managers, and members of the public.
Questions about the position or the application process should be directed to Dr. Dave Gilliam (gilliam at nova.edu<mailto:gilliam at nova.edu>).
More information about the Coral-List