[Coral-List] report on treatment that stops SCTLD disease in Pillar Coral

KEVEN REED reedkc at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 14:12:02 UTC 2021

Dear Doug & Coral-listers,

Since widespread use or overuse of antibiotics has led to bacterial resistance (mutation) in human hosts, I wonder if NOAA's team working in this arena intends for the purposeful use of anti-bacterial agents to be deployed more in the aquarium setting (rescued coral colonies "hospital rehabilitation") or broadly on our stony coral reefs?

I saw that Cheryl Woodley was listed as POC on your link and hope she or others in her coral pathogens research group, or perhaps some of the speakers from the veterinarian sponsored (Davis-Thompson DVM Foundation) Coral Diseases virtual conference from February of this year, as well as the many other Zoom meetings we've all been attending, might inform all coral-listers about the considerations brain-stormed before applying anti-bacterial medicines broadly in the near shore marine environment.

Respectfully,
Keven

Keven Reed, O.D.
mobile: 904-505-7277