[Coral-List] New GBR coral reef reporting platform from AIMS

Mike Emslie M.Emslie at aims.gov.au
Fri Sep 10 03:09:05 UTC 2021

Dear Coral-listers,
                               I'm happy to announce that stage 1 of a new GBR coral reef monitoring reporting platform from the Australian Institute of Marine Science has now gone live. This is a map based platform that let you view trends in coral and fish assemblages from survey reefs across the length and breadth of the GBR. You can access the platform through the reef monitoring pages on the AIMS website (https://www.aims.gov.au/docs/research/monitoring/reef/reef-monitoring.html)

Or use this link https://apps.aims.gov.au/reef-monitoring/  (these are real links and not some dodgy phishing scam!!)

The platform was developed by the AIMS Data Centre using data engineering skills to create automated processing pipelines incorporating statistical models after data QA/QC processes have been completed, and allows us to process more data into information, more quickly and at less cost and get that data and information out to people in more meaningful and useful ways.

The platform is still under development and improvement, with more regional summaries (LTMP sectors and reporting regions), comparisons between management zones and a disturbance layer to be added in the near future. We would be grateful if you could report any bugs, glitches or errors to myself or adc at aims.gov.au<mailto:adc at aims.gov.au>, as you navigate around the platform

Cheers
Mike

AIMS acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land and sea country in which we work, and pay our respect to the Elders, past, present and emerging.

Mike Emslie, PhD
Senior Research Scientist/Coral Reef Ecologist
Project Leader - Long Term Monitoring
Australian Institute of Marine Science
PMB 3 | Townsville MC QLD 4810 | Australia
Tel. (+61) 7 4753 4530
m.emslie at aims.gov.au<mailto:m.emslie at aims.gov.au> | www.aims.gov.au<http://www.aims.gov.au/>