[Coral-List] How to get into grad school and study coral reefs?

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Mon Sep 13 20:33:45 UTC 2021

Hi Listers,
Some of you may have undergraduates wanting to find a graduate placement in coral reef science, or may want to add to the advice.  The way I did it probably does not work any more, but some of the things I learned still apply: find a good mentor to advise you on how and where to apply, and don't be afraid to travel or to gamble.  And if you succeed, laugh about how you overcame obstacles far higher than any I, or others of my generation, faced.  This post is dedicated to one of my mentors, FEJ Fry, and to University of Hawaii, a very special place for me: http://www.petersalebooks.com/?p=3182

Peter Sale
University of Windsor (Emeritus)
sale at uwindsor.ca<mailto:sale at uwindsor.ca>
www.petersalebooks.com<http://www.petersalebooks.com>