[Coral-List] FIELD OF GIANTS

David Blakeway fathom5marineresearch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 03:47:59 UTC 2021

Great Keven, please send.
So how big is 'yours'? And how did you find it? Did it get into the
Guinness Book? (I expect Guinness would have been cautious in accepting it
as a record). The authors of the August 2021 article should have been more
cautious too, as they claim, at 10.4 m: "This is the largest diameter
*Porites* coral measured by scientists".
Local knowledge will probably reveal many more. AI on satellite imagery
should also be able to pick them.
Thanks for posting, Charles! (BTW the subsidence rate in the 2019 Han et al
article mentioned by Charles is 16 mm per year - few reefs could maintain
that).

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 9:10 PM KEVEN REED via Coral-List <