[Coral-List] 2. Proposed Killing of Goliath Grouper (Sarah Frias-Torres)

Alina Szmant alina at cisme-instruments.com
Fri Sep 24 18:57:33 UTC 2021

Gene:

 that a mainstay of Goliath grouper diet is Panulirus argus is no justification for killing them. Instead we should stop overfishing the lobster.  The lobsters eat the snails that eat the corals (what few are left). So to help corals survive stop eating lobster especially the large ones that can crack open the shells of the large Corallophila (probably misspelling genus name, sorry).

Alina

Dr. Alina M. Szmant,  CEO
CISME Instruments LLC