[Coral-List] Older literature and Goliath grouper

Kaufman, Leslie S lesk at bu.edu
Sat Sep 25 19:16:47 UTC 2021

1.  Training our students to be good scholars is our responsibility.   We must train them to do many things that could be bad for their careers but make them good scientists.  To wit, good scholarship, knowing the natural history and extensive and intensive field observations- only then making an hypothesis, thinking outside the box, objectivity, modesty, generosity.  All potentially costly career moves short term but richly rewarding long term.

2. The justifications for killing goliath grouper are cool factor, they are really big, manliness, and if you don’t someone else will.  Everybody knows that.

Les

Sent from my iPhone