[Coral-List] Marine Physiologist - Assistant Professor Tenure Track Position - Eckerd College

Cory Krediet krediecj at eckerd.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:01:16 UTC 2021

The Marine Science discipline at Eckerd College invites applications for a
new, tenure-track position at the assistant professor level beginning
September 2022. We seek a Marine Physiologist whose specialty compliments
existing faculty expertise. We seek a broadly-trained scientist-educator
who is strongly committed to teaching and mentoring undergraduates, and
training them in a program of research and publication. A Ph.D. in the
biological sciences is required, preferably with postdoctoral research and
teaching experience.

Eckerd College is an outstanding college of the liberal arts and sciences
with an enrollment of approximately 1900 students. It is the only
independent national liberal arts college in Florida and has a tradition of
innovative education and teaching and mentoring excellence. The college is
situated on a 108-ha waterfront campus on Tampa Bay, allowing direct access
to an extraordinary diversity of marine and estuarine species in a wide
range of coastal habitats including sea grass beds, sand flats, beaches and
mangroves. These ecosystems are easily accessible by our fleet of vessels.
The Galbraith Marine Science Laboratory provides excellent teaching and
research facilities that are available for maintaining marine organisms
year-round, and for carrying out a variety of field and laboratory studies.
The Center for Molecular and Life Sciences, housing the biology and
chemistry departments, features the latest in laboratory instrumentation.
Eckerd is part of a large research community located in St. Petersburg,
Florida, which includes the USGS Coastal and Marine Science Center, Florida
Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Florida Institute of Oceanography,
NOAA Fisheries Service Southeast Regional Office, and the University of
South Florida's College of Marine Science.

The candidate will teach seven course equivalents per academic year
(3-1-3), including our comparative animal physiology, our first-year
introductory course in biological oceanography, as well as a combination of
courses in cellular biology, marine invertebrate biology, and an
upper-level course(s) in their area of expertise for the Marine Science
program.

Participation in an interdisciplinary, values-oriented general education
program is required, including a regular rotation in the two-semester
first-year program. Submit a letter of application, vita, teaching
evaluations, statement of teaching philosophy, description of research
plans, graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and contact information for
three references so that letters of recommendation can be requested, via
https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/.  Applications must be completed by
Friday October 15, 2021.  Inquiries may be sent to Dr. Cory J. Krediet (
krediecj at eckerd.edu).

Employment will require a successful background check.

Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and
student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from
historically underrepresented groups.

*Apply here: https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/200705.html
<https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/200705.html>*

--