[Coral-List] Bleaching

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 17:21:17 UTC 2022

Bill, you have clearly pointed out an inconvenient aspect of all this that many here would prefer to avoid.

Although there are a number of restoration efforts worthy of praise that nobly fulfill John’s expectations, some of the most prominent and well-funded projects have chosen instead to strategically avoid placing due emphasis on the imperative need to address climate change and other major stressors. Until this changes, I’m afraid we will continue to miss out on what could be a “potent political opportunity” to utilize perhaps the most visible aspect of the coral sciences to bring about much needed change.

Regards,

Steve