[Coral-List] Pacific Coral Disease Forecasting Tool Workshop & Demonstration

Megan Donahue mjd.list at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:49:08 UTC 2022

Aloha,
You are invited to attend a workshop and demonstration on a new coral
health monitoring tool for Pacific regions that will take place on  Friday,
April 22, 2022 at 11:00AM - 2:00PM Hawaii Standard Time.  This workshop
will highlight the Hawaii region, but the forecast domain includes the
Hawaiian Archipelago, Great Barrier Reef, Guam and CNMI, American Samoa,
and the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument.
In this demonstration, we will introduce new forecasting tools within the*
NOAA Coral Reef Watch* satellite-based *Coral Disease Outbreak Risk*
product suite. Using new Regional Virtual Stations, we now connect users to
an interactive tool that provides near-term forecasts at 5km-resolution of
the risk for two widespread coral diseases in the Pacific Ocean. The
interactive tool allows you to explore forecasts at multiple spatial scales
and assess disease mitigation potential through modeled scenarios. We are
particularly excited to share this new product, which incorporates feedback
from coral reef scientists and managers throughout the development process.
Please RSVP <https://forms.gle/qdSbz9yKTTY6M9j28> to join us for the three
hour workshop on Friday, April 22 at 11:00AM - 2:00PM Hawaii Standard Time.
When you RSVP, you can specify if you prefer to join online via Zoom or
in-person at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. We will provide detailed
meeting information upon RSVP.

We look forward to seeing you,

Megan Donahue (Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, UH Manoa)
Derek Manzello (NOAA Coral Reef Watch)
Jamie Caldwell (University of Hawaii at Manoa & Princeton University)
Austin Greene (University of Hawaii at Manoa)
(on behalf of the entire research team)

Links:

   - Link to RSVP for this workshop (required):
   https://forms.gle/qdSbz9yKTTY6M9j28