[Coral-List] Support extension for ICRS 2022 VIRTUAL participants based in low-, low-middle, and upper-middle income countries

Christian Wild christian.wild at uni-bremen.de
Fri Apr 22 12:02:58 UTC 2022

Increasing equity, inclusion, and diversity at the upcoming 15th ICRS
2022 in Bremen, Germany, is a top priority for the International Coral
Reef Society and the Organizers of the 15th ICRS 2022 at University of
Bremen.

  Earlier this year, we offered free registration to all ICRS member
virtual presenters from low, low-middle, and upper-middle income
coutries.  We are happy to announce that we are now extending FREE
REGISTRATION FOR ALL VIRTUAL _NON-PRESENTING_ ICRS MEMBERS CURRENTLY
EMPLOYED AND RESIDING IN LOW, LOWER-MIDDLE, AND UPPER-MIDDLE INCOME
ECONOMY COUNTRIES (as defined by the World Bank[1]).

Qualified applicants will be granted free registration for the virtual
platform and archive of ICRS 2022. Qualified applicants must be
current members of the International Coral Reef Society and be
employed/enrolled by/in an institution or organization in a qualifying
country.

  If you are not already an ICRS Member, you can join online here[2].
The cost of membership is scaled according to your country of
residence and student/non-student status.

  To apply, please send your proof of current ICRS membership and
current work/home address in an E-mail to
icrs2022.online at uni-bremen.de[3] BY 31 MAY 2022.

  You will then receive a link to register yourself ONLINE for ICRS
2022 VIRTUAL AT NO COSTS.
We look forward to your active contribution to an exciting and
inclusive 15th ICRS 2022!

Andrea Grottoli, ICRS President
Joanie Kleypas, ICRS Vice-President and ICRS EDI Committee Chair
Christian Wild, 15th ICRS 2022 Organizing Committee Chair

Links:
------
[1]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519__;!!KGKeukY!kD5RNEE59KIyLrja5qSDz3iuIXph2bqpHj9nyLCk7vmKfGCpDcOFAOQal4BZU8_ucw%24