[Coral-List] Scholarship Opportunity for Teachers and Educators at the Bimini Biological Field Station

Bimini Shark Lab Media media at biminisharklab.com
Sat Apr 23 14:01:35 UTC 2022

Hello all!

This course is aimed to provide an opportunity for educators to learn about
our research, education, and conservation led by Dr. Dean Grubbs. Our goal
for this scholarship is to provide an opportunity specifically to teachers
and educators who can take their experience back into the classroom and
reach students who may otherwise have no connection to the ocean. This
opportunity is initially aimed for educators in The Bahamas, USA, and
Canada; however, we will expand in future years.

Up to 14 successful applicants will be awarded a 6-day field course held at
the Bimini Biological Field Station (the Shark Lab), a relatively isolated
research facility on the island of South Bimini, Bahamas, 46 miles across
the Gulf Stream from Miami, Florida. The course features daily field trips,
presentations, and personal encounters with several species of sharks in
their natural environment.

The course will run from August 9 - 14, 2022. Deadline for applications is
FRIDAY, MAY 20th, 2022. We look forward to reviewing the submissions and
making selections which will be announced WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15th, 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified by email and should reply confirming
their placement by MONDAY, JUNE 20th, 2022. GOOD LUCK and thank you for
your interest in this opportunity!

For more information, follow this link:
https://www.biminisharklab.com/teachercourse or email
admin at biminisharklab.com.

Sincerely,

Baylie Fadool
she/her/hers
Media Manager and Outreach Coordinator Bimini Biological Field Station
Foundation

www.biminisharklab.com