[Coral-List] Global warming is speeding up ocean currents

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:55:58 UTC 2022

https://www.science.org/content/article/global-warming-speeding-ocean-currents-here-s-why

This popular article includes an amazing image of ocean currents.  Faster
ocean currents could affect connectivity between coral reefs.
     The first link in the article leads to an earlier popular article with
a similar image, but for the whole world but with lower resolution.

Surface warming-induced global acceleration of upper ocean currents
https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abj8394

Cheers, Doug

--
Douglas Fenner
Lynker Technologies, LLC, Contractor

UN: World on fast track to disaster, but we can avert it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xBVD8r0aHQ

Are we wasting money on shiny objects and high tech that does not yet work,
instead of proven low-tech to stop global warming?
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00560-2

Peat bogs hold TWICE as much carbon as the world's forests!!!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/environmentalists-fight-protect-peat-bogs-233902101.html