[Coral-List] Seeking A Postdoctoral Investigator to join our Super Reefs Team

Anne L Cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Tue Aug 16 13:50:04 UTC 2022

The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is seeking a Postdoctoral Investigator to join our Super Reefs team (https://superreefs.whoi.edu/). This is a regular full-time, exempt position, eligible for full benefits. The appointment is for 24 months with the possibility of an extension based on performance and availability of funding.

The successful candidate will have a PhD in tropical, shallow water coral reef ecology, coral physiology and/or coral genetics. Applicants with strong ecological training and overlapping interest and/or expertise in oceanography, hydrodynamics or climate are encouraged.

The position involves extensive travel, field and underwater experience, and an AAUS certification is required either at the time of hire, or to be trained at WHOI. The position involves multidisciplinary collaborations with scientists, engineers, NGO's and stakeholders, in multiple countries and across time-zones. A strong team-work ethic, ability to collaborate widely, and excellent communication skills are thus required.

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution has a top-rated postdoctoral program (www.whoi.edu/postdoctoral/<https://www.whoi.edu/what-we-do/educate/postdoctoral/>) that supports a dynamic postdoctoral community with formal mentoring and career guidance programs. The Postdoctoral Investigator will have the opportunity to participate in educational and outreach activities associated with the project.

The position start date will be no later than December 1, 2022.  Please contact Anne Cohen (acohen at whoi.edu<mailto:acohen at whoi.edu>) for application information.