[Coral-List] Fwd: Australia’s first underwater hotel

Hayley Henderson hayleyrhenderson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:23:19 UTC 2022

Hello listers,

Maybe you’ve heard the news already, maybe this is old news discussed
before I signed up for the list, but maybe the news that Australia now has
ReefSuites, an underwater hotel outside the Great Barrier Reef, is news to
you.

Have any of you heard of this before? Know of any environmental impact
studies done? Have anything to say on how this might affect environmental
science communication, positively or negatively? How it might impact the
environment there, positively or negatively? I wonder myself how the
tourist attraction might impact wildlife there and hurt resources, but
might also make people feel the need to take action to preserve reefs and
other marine environments for the future. Might be a double-edged sword.

Condé Nest’s twitter post about ReefSuites:
https://twitter.com/i/events/1493578900210962438?s=21

All the best,
Hayley Henderson (she/her)