[Coral-List] FW: Coral species extinction risk

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 08:23:40 UTC 2022

Another paper concluding that morphological traits that correlate with the
rate of extinction in Caribbean coral fossils do not correlate to Red List
status:

Raja et al. 2021. Morphological traits of reef corals predict extinction
risk but not conservation status.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/geb.13321

I'd argue that most coral reef conservation programs and actions are not
based on either the Red List or the US Endangered Species Act.

I believe that a group is currently working on revising the Red Listings
for corals.

Cheers, Doug

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 1:52 PM Baird, Andrew via Coral-List <